Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another year older, another year fatter...

Another birthday just passed for me this week. I've used every excuse in the book not to try to actively lose weight. "My birthday's coming," or "It's finals week" has dropped out of my mouth numerous times. But no more excuses. I have officially started doing the WeightWatchers diet as of 5.22.10 and want to lose 70 pounds by the end of the year. If I can't then that's OK, but any weight loss would be good at this point.

I gained all the weight my freshman year of college. I got up to 220 pounds from my usual 170 that I was in high school. Once I hit that mark, I decided to take it off. I lost 55 pounds, getting down to 165 before I started packing it on again. I was 165 in November of 2008 and when I went to see my OB/GYN in November of '09, I had gained 50 pounds. I was horrified when my doctor asked if I was pregnant. Nope, just fat.

Even after that traumatic life event, it still took me close to 6 months to get motivated enough to start trying to take all this weight off for real. But now I really believe I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment